What are Pelvic Floor Weights?
BIEN Australia Pelvic Floor Weights, also known as vaginal weights, Kegel weights or Kegel eggs, are small, weighted devices, made from smooth medical grade silicone and designed for insertion into the vagina with the purpose of strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. They serve as a resistance tool to strengthen and re-train the pelvic floor muscles with the aim of assisting with symptoms such as urinary incontinence, vaginal heaviness and improve sexual function.
BIEN Pelvic Floor Weights come in a set of 4 progressive weights to ensure that your pelvic floor training can progress and improve as you get stronger. Similar to how you would train any other muscle in the body, the pelvic floor needs to be progressively overloaded in order to improve strength, endurance and co-ordination.
Who can use Pelvic Floor Weights?
Pelvic Floor Weights may be suitable for individuals who are experiencing urinary incontinence, vaginal heaviness or laxity, decreased sensation during intercourse or lacklustre orgasm. They also may be recommended after childbirth or in preparation for pregnancy, during or after menopause or to prevent weakness in those with risk factors for pelvic floor dysfunction, such as chronic coughing. Pelvic Floor Weights may assist with the following:
- Leaking with exercise
- Leaking with coughing, sneezing, and laughing
- Pelvic organ prolapse symptoms such as vaginal heaviness
- Pelvic floor weakness after birth
- Decreased sensation during intercourse
- To improve Pelvic floor co-ordination and technique
- To progress your current pelvic floor exercise program
What are the benefits of using Pelvic Floor Weights
- Strengthens Pelvic Floor Muscles: Vaginal weights add resistance to Pelvic Floor or Kegel exercises, helping to target and strengthen the specific muscles responsible for controlling your bladder and bowel.
- Improved Muscle Tone: Regular use of Pelvic Floor Weights can enhance muscle tone and restore the pelvic floor's ability to support the pelvic organs, control the bladder and bowel and enhance sensation during intercourse.
- Increased Awareness: Using Pelvic Floor Weights can help individuals become more aware of their pelvic floor muscles, making it easier to engage and control them consciously.
- Enhanced Confidence: As pelvic floor muscles regain strength and tone, individuals often experience reduced symptoms and improved pelvic floor function, such as leakage during activities like coughing or exercising. This newfound confidence can significantly improve their quality of life.
- Enhanced Vaginal Lubrication: A responsive pelvic floor can lead to increased vaginal lubrication, making sexual intercourse more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Increased Blood Flow: Strong and toned pelvic floor muscles can enhance blood circulation in the pelvic region. This increased blood flow improves muscle function, vaginal lubrication and is essential for sexual arousal and heightened sensitivity.
To purchase Pelvic Floor Weights click here.